Wednesday 19 November 2014

Practising Blocking Eyebrows

At home I have been practising blocking out eyebrows, for my final assessment.
Using glue, I have managed to hide my eyebrows. I practised with drawing on different shapes, both with high arches, much like the Elizabethan's eyebrows! I need to work on the use of cancelling out the colour of my eyebrows as I have dark and thicker eyebrows. I can do this by using a red concealer from the Camouflage palette by Kryolan, and powdering, then adding the skin base on top. Below I have used concealer on the left eye, but not the right, and there is a clear colour difference where the eyebrow is. On the right, the dark hairs can still be seen, whereas on the left, the hair cannot be seen as much. 


In class, we have been practising blocking out the eyebrows as well. On my model Amelia, I have used a very light Foundation mixed with the skin base. I prepped the skin, and used toner on the eyebrows to remove any excess grease. I used soap in this glue in this practise, which I prefer to the soap method. I will be using the glue method in my final design, as I feel I can create a much more hidden brow to the soap. 


 I need to work on blending the colour over the eyebrow whether the glue is. The glue doesn't pick up the pigment as much as I would like it too, so I need to figure out a way to create an even, flawless coverage.




 I am happy with the outcome of this, as I feel my techniques are developing well. I need to work on the coverage and blending over the eyebrow so will keep practising!

No comments:

Post a Comment