Wednesday 19 November 2014

Developing Face Charts

In a tutorial with Kat, I decided to work on developing my first two makeup face charts in aim to finalising my New Elizabethan look. I need to work on taking my idea a step further, and create an original look. I have explored the colour well, and my designs show Elizabethan influence. 




At home, I began to practise the looks that I had used on my face charts, and experimenting with some other ideas. This look was based on my initial face chart, but I added the point from the corner of the eye downwards to contrast against the soft blush/contour. I blocked out the eyebrows, and worked on blending the colour to create a soft look, much alike Pat McGrath's looks. I used the Kryolan Brilliant Colour Palette against the Illamasqua SkinBase, and then defined the eyebrow using the Supra Colours in Black. I feel this look is effective, but I would like to have a bold lip, as the rest of the face is very colourful. 



This look was based on my third design, which I think has a Mod feel to it. The curve connecting the eyebrow to the cheekbone both highlights and defines both elements. I will not be using this in my final design as I don't feel it suits the brief, but I am happy I have experimented as I have developed my techniques. 



This was my last experiment. I really enjoyed this idea as it was completely off the top of my head, as I was able to experiment with new textures. I used fishnet tights and Snazaroo face paint in silver, then sealed with white powder to give a shimmer effect. I contrasted this with a completely black eye, with black root-like veins reaching up my forehead. I liked this design as I believe it was effective, but I don't feel it relates to the New Elizabethan theme as much as my other ideas. 


In class I practised with using sticky tape to create sharp lines of contouring. 
I experimented with having the two colours butting, and also leaving a gap between them. 
I prefer the lines being immediately next to each other, as I feel it's much more effective in creating a shadow, rather than being disjointed.



I need to work on my work being symmetrical, as here, the eyebrows and the points coming down from the eyes are not quite even. I need to practise further in developing my idea, as I am still not quite happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment