Thursday 4 December 2014

Review of Final Looks

I am pleased with the outcome of the look for my final design. I feel Amelia responded to my design really well, and we worked together to find the right tools and experiment with techniques. For example, in the practise sessions we used Supra colour for the eyebrows in the first session, but it became clear that there had to be minimal product on the brush for a clean line, but minimal product meant a less stronger pigment. We then decided to use a black eyeliner pencil, which Amelia was more comfortable with working with. I would have liked the contouring to be a little more defined, as I feel my partner was nervous about over-doing it with the purple colour. 

I am really pleased with the outcome of my work, using Amelia's design. The design was colourful and included a lot of blending, which I feel went really well in the assessment. I feel the look was successful, particularly the contrast between the bolder application of colours (blue,golds) to the subtle purple tones under the eyes. I was confident with the blocking of the eyebrows as I have practised this the most, as I feel a clear, even base is the most important part of creating a look. I have managed to conceal the eyebrows using glue, and worked over them in the eyeshadows to blend them away. I feel the least successful part of this look were the eyebrows, as I had trouble making them completely symmetrical, especially under the time pressure. Amelia's design challenged me, but I feel I have managed to complete the design just as Amelia had envisioned it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment