Friday 5 December 2014

Project Evaluation

I have really enjoyed taking part in the 'New Elizabethans' project. My one concern beginning this project was my confidence and lack of makeup skills, as I have had no background in makeup training. I am really pleased with my progress, and feel my skills and techniques have developed well, as well as my understanding. The research into the Elizabethan Era and not just focusing on contemporary has really boosted my understanding and knowledge of makeup, which will support me throughout my career. After studying A-Levels in Art, Photography and English, I feel my research skills for those subjects have benefited me, as I have studied Queen Elizabeth and her famous look. I will continue practising throughout the Christmas break, as I know that practise makes perfect. The technical sessions with Sue have really benefitted me as I was a student that had never done any sort of makeup training before, just self taught. I feel I was successful in creating Amelia's design, which was defiantly supported by my teaching in art. I have found difficulty in deciding on a final design, but I am really pleased with the outcome, as my partner Amelia worked hard to complete it how I wanted it. My notes on the process helped guide her along, which I feel shows in the final outcome. 
 I have learnt so much during this single project, I am excited for what the next project holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment