Friday 24 October 2014

Colour Scheme Looks

For our practical with Kat Vogart, we were asked to complete two face charts and looks on the face in  certain colour schemes. I chose to complete two face charts, one in monochromatic purple, and the other in analogous greens and yellow. I used 'ProChart' face charts, and used makeup from M.A.C, Charles Fox and Illamasqua. I wanted my face charts to be experimental with looks, and imaginative, which I believe I have achieved.

In the practical with Kat, we were paired up and asked to complete our monochromatic look on our parner. I worked on Lucy, using my face chart to work from. I prepped the skin, cleansing and toning to remove any oils and dirt on the skin. I used Illamasqua Matte Primer to prime the skin, then using the Foundation Palette and Camouflage Palette from Charles Fox to create a clear and even skin tone. I used the Brilliant Colour Medley Matte palette in Shallot, Lavender and Sage Blossom for the eyes. To achieve this look, I used the darkest shade Shallot in the corners and for the line down the nose, then blended it out with a rounded brush and Lavender, then Sage Blossom, the lightest tone to blend out into the skin tone. I contoured the face in purple, starting with the lightest tone and building up using the darker tones. I lined the eyebrows with Shallot, for next time I need to focus on making them completely symmetrical, as here they are not completely even. Finally, for the eyes, I mixed M.A.C Lip Mix in the red and blue to create a deep purple to finish this look off. I am pleased with the outcome of this look, and I now know that I have to focus on making the look symmetrical, particularly the eyebrows. 

The makeup look that I completed on myself was in complementary colours, blue and orange. As I am more interested in high fashion and editorial makeup, I wanted it to be striking and capture the eye instantly. I used the Foundation Palette by Charles Fox as the base, alongside the Camouflage Palette and Powder by Illamasqua to set this. I then contoured the face using Turmeric from the Charles Fox eye colour palette, and also a dark blue from the Coastal Scents 252 Palette. Using a blue eyeliner pencil, I worked into the eyebrows to create a striking and clean look, and then the same with the lips. I then used the Turmeric orange to highlight the lips, and outline them. I achieved the look on the eyes also using Turmeric, and by wetting the brush achieved the sharp and clean point. I enjoyed being able to design my own look using this complementary scheme, as the brief for this task was so vague, we could be as imaginative as we liked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment